I some days regret having learned the super-easy way to have yummy moist cake in 5 minutes whenever I have a craving, as I often do. I cannot resist pulling out a mug and helping myself, to some chocolate cake whenever I NEED to. I do practice a lot of self-restraint so this is not too often, worry not.
There are tonnes of variations of recipes on the internet and each variation, based on the scrumptious photos, yields different results in terms of consistency and moisture content. So here is my take on this yumminess:
You will need:
- 3 Tablespoons of sugar
- 3 Tablespoons of flour
- 3 Tablespoons of milk
- 2 Tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon baking powder
- A pinch of salt
1. Put all your dry ingredients into a mug and mix
2. Add the oil and the milk and beat with a fork until you have a nice consistent mixture with no lumps and no dry cocoa in the bottom of your mug
3. Put your mug in the microwave on high for 2 mins
4. Check to see if it is cooked all the way through. If not pop it back in for 10 sec at a time until it is cooked.
5. You can eat it in your mug, tip it on to a plate, add some fruit, dessert cream, chocolate syrup, dust it with icing sugar, drown it in custard… The options are endless, the only requirement is that you Enjoy It!!!